I was out running errands this weekend instead of sleeping late, and tuned into “Weekend Edition” on the radio. One of the segments was an interview with the musician, Shakey Graves. I had never heard of Shakey Graves, but he’s apparently a pretty good musician. Good enough that his hometown of Austin, TX, proclaimed February 9 to be “Shakey Graves Day.”
The host of the segment asked Shakey how he would like people to celebrate Shakey Graves day. Graves replied, “Go roller skating and buy a pet.”
That, of course, started me thinking.
So, here’s the deal.
I am proclaiming Cristy Elder Day.
(day and time to be determined)
And here’s how I want you to celebrate:
- Don’t set the alarm clock — get up when you feel damn good and ready and not one second earlier
- Pet a dog
- Write a thank you note to someone who has done something for you
- Eat some ice cream.
- Or a cupcake.
- Watch an episode of Seinfeld
- Play some of your favorite songs and sing them OUT LOUD!
- Read some of your favorite book
- Take a nap
I Love Cristy Elder Day. Can’t wait until it’s proclaimed. I am hopeful there will be some good furniture sales. I need an end table.